Wednesday 2 November 2011

Movember has arrived!

Dear Friends and Family!

Here comes my first blog post in November. Apparently it's Movember month too where men grow moustaches for charity.

I was off work on Friday (28th October) and I started reading my book Learning by Karen Kingsbury and I'm still reading it now, can hardly put it down, she's such a brilliant Christian author.

On the 29th we had a party for one of my friends because it was his birthday. It was a lot of fun!

On the 30th our clocks changed so now we have gone back an hour. Therefore I am now 2 hours behind Africa and 4 hours ahead of most people I know in America. Actually before I went to sleep the night before I set my phone back an hour but I didn't know it would go back an hour automatically too. So in the morning my alarm didn't go off and someone knocked on my door to wake me up haha, I was also confused about the time and what job I was doing when I opened my door because I'd just woken up lol. A few of the girls went to work early too because they forgot about the time change lol. Something always happens with this time change! Later I had my Costa coffee in my town! The Costa here is so nice! This was my song for that day, it's such an awesome song!



On the 31st it was Halloween and I went trick or treating lol. No I didn't. I also had the night off though and watched movies with a friend. It was departure day and it went very well. I also got good news regarding... well actually I'll tell you later ;)!

Yesterday, woah this must be the quickest blog update ever seeing as I'm already on yesterday! It was my half day which means I work till 12:30pm and then I am off until Thursday. I caught up with a few people. I love how technology helps you keep in touch.

In fact today has been a family catch up more or less, I've been catching up with quite a few of my family members the past couple days. It's been cold and rainy here today and I've had a very relaxed resting day which is nice, you do need to catch up once in a while. I am going to keep reading my amazing book later. Also went to Costa and bought a steamer. If you haven't had a steamer you should - they make my world - haha but really they are very good!

Oh yes and as of yesterday well let's just say it's happening! As to what is happening well you will find out :)!

I guess my blog is more of my basic news, it's to keep everyone updated but not everything is in my blog and it's still not a play by play of my life. However it gives you an idea of what I'm up to :)!

I love these verses:

‎"I can do all things in him who strengthens me." ~ Phillipians 4:13
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all," ~ 2 Corinthians 14

I was reading something in the book I am reading that said, "Remember... when you can't take another step, God will carry you." It's true God is always there! He's watching over you!

I shall love and leave you until I write again, I am off to get all cosy on this rainy day and read a book :).

And remember if you want to chat, I'm only a phone call, skype call, facebook message away! I'll always have time for you.

Keep in touch, love to hear your news and what is happening in your lives.

Love Nix

PS: (for the guys) so who is growing a moustache? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment