Friday 28 October 2011

Christmas decorations are going up!

Dear Friends and Family,

What a good week it has been! And now back to where I left you last!

On the 20th of October it was departure day. You know sometimes you can daydream and the daydream seems so real, well I had one of those moments on that day. Your mind just runs away with you. It wasn't a bad daydream just something I'm not quite ready for yet!

On the 21st I finally wrote the 2nd blog post on my website called "Bravery." I created a website for my new writing blog because I'm writing other things on there. This is the link - http://nicolathewriter.weebly.com/. I also love how some days can completely turn around and this was one of them - I've had a few suprises like that, it's so nice when you think your day is going one way, it take another direction.

Bible verses I post on my facebook:

Thomas said to him, "Lord we do not know where we are going; how can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but by me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also, henceforth you know him and have seen him." ~John 14: 5-7

Every Sunday we have a fire alarm test and on the 23rd they left the fire alarms on on for about 30 minutes - it was like music to my ears, so peaceful lol! And later in the afternoon more peace followed, I filmed a video of the sea when my friend and I went walking. Such beautiful beach weather!



On the 24th (on Monday) it was departure day again and as I was pulling a trolley to unpack the linen, the basket on top of the trolley fell over and all the linen fell out and there was an empty wine bottle there too and it broke. When I bent down to pick up the linen and broken glass I cut my finger quite deeply on a piece of broken glass and for a small finger there was a lot of blood. Anyway never mind the gory details but I still have the cut on my finger now and it's still painful at times but I'm always hurting myself so I'm used to it :). It's typically me! (Walking disaster).

Anthem lights are an awesome band if you haven't heard them before, this is one of their songs I found the other day;



On the 24th the weather went from wild to wilder! I could hear the sea from my room and it was raining, it sounded like we were in the middle of a storm!

Sometimes people post pictures and looking at them takes you back. I've had a lot of things that took me back to the time when I lived in Zimbabwe and my church I went to there! Such good memories! I had such a great life in Zim and thank God I've built a life for myself here too.

This is my favourite skit EVER because it's such a beautiful message! I would love make one with friends one day! I always go back and watch all sorts of versions of it! It's soooo good!



I got very excited on Tuesday because I heard someone talking in the kitchen and they said it was going to rain for the next few days but on Tuesday in the morning we had SUN! It did rain later though, when I was doing my washing of course haha! I only worked in the morning on Tuesday and then was off work until Thursday. I had a great time catching up with friends on Skype and my friend and I had the night off together so we had a nice chilled evening.

On Wednesday, I got to sleep in!!! It had been a while since I had a morning to sleep in, I only have 1 day to sleep in a week usually. Although I'm not really a person who enjoys my sleep that much, I hardly sleep but after a certain amount of time it catches up with you and you need to get some zzzz....

I saw a squirrel at the University of Exeter when I was there!




Posting this picture reminded me of an even better picture I took while I was walking up to the high street when I had just arrived it Exeter!



It made me smile as I was walking up to the high street because it was randomly there! Someone said it looks like it's wearing Stilletos hahahaha and it does!

I usually have a song of the day which is a song I really like that stays in my mind throughout the day! I really love music!

This was my song of the day yesterday:



Well someone told me this video reminded them of me :P....



I like this quote a friend gave to me, "A friend is one who strengthens you with prayers, blesses you with love and encourages you with hope."

Today was departure day again. We finished work an hour later than usual. After lunch I went for a walk with a friend in the park and took this picture. You can see the beauty of the English Autumn.



And now to explain my blog title. Today they are putting up Christmas decorations all over the hotel! It looks really nice :) I have photos from last year too and I'll take some again this year! And tomorrow night we start our "Tinsel and Turkey" which is every Tuesday and Saturday night we have a Christmas dinner for the guests and we have to wear Christmas hats because not all our guests stay with us for Christmas and so every Tuesday and Saturday from now until Christmas we will be having "Christmas" for the guests. I may take a picture of me in my Christmas hat... maybe.

I've very excited for December as well as being the Christmas season and my favourite time of year there - a trip may be in the works too!

Oh yes and my book Learning by Karen Kingsbury finally arrived yesterday and I have the night off tonight so maybe I'll have a bit of a read later!

I shall love and leave you until I write again lol,
Nix

No comments:

Post a Comment