Wednesday 19 October 2011

It's not time to make a change...

Dear friends and family,

It's that time of the week again for another blog post! A blog is also my way of keeping a record of what I've been doing because when I get old and as we know our memories can fade a bit, I can look back and see what I did. I've kept diaries too and it's interesting to read them and have all those memories.

It's amazing it's coming to the end of the year already! I've been looking back a lot on this year and just recalling all sorts of memories but I suppose recalling the year and summing it up to what type of year it was is a post for my end of the year blog. For now I am enjoying what is left of this year and what can still happen ;)!

I saw something on facebook recently that showed your friends around the world. And mine are pretty spread out! I love that we have the technology these days to keep in touch :)! I think every friend you have bring something special to your life, I love my friends just for being themselves. I love the fact that everyone is different. I saw this quote today, “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.

On the 13th I decided to have a facebook free weekend! So I was actually off facebook from the 13-17th of October, only with the exception of going on because I needed something or needed to send a quick message.

I remember on one of the days last week I went running with a friend, then played tennnis and then went running again! Sometimes I don't know where my energy goes and sometimes I don't know where it comes from.

It was quite a busy weekend, we had a big departure on Sunday but I finished quickly and then I took the bus straight after work to go to a friends kitchen tea as she is getting married next week. It was nice, I enjoyed catching up with people, it had been a long time. I can't remember whether I've been to a kitchen tea before or not but she gets kitchen gifts and funny housekeeping advice. There was no tea lol but plenty of snacks and cool drinks.

On Saturday I went to Costa in Sidmouth with a couple of my friends. The Costa here is only a month or two old. For those of you that don't know Costa is similar to Starbucks. I actually really like Costa now and I go there more than Starbucks. There is no Starbucks in the town where I live but I used to go to the one in the city but now I find myself at Costa more often. They make great ice tea, streamers (hot milk with flavour) and all sorts! Costa rocks! And they have super comfortable couches in both places!

On Monday I can'r remember much of what I did although it was only 2 days ago lol but I do remember it was a good day!

On Tuesday I worked in the morning and then I had the evening off. I went walking up the other side of Sidmouth as the sun was going down and I took this picture.



It's such a breath taking area! Really I am amazed even though I have lived here for over a year now, it's still fresh and beautiful to me! Thank God that I have this opportunity to live in such a beautiful area!

This morning I was working for someone and then I had the evening off. The funniest thing that happened this week was when I was in my room after my shift today and the hotel fire alarm goes off and when I went out my room I found out that my friend had bumped in to one of the buttons accidentally and set off the fire alarm! Haha that's something I would do!

In fact it's been a humourous week all round! I love to laugh! I find so many things funny! You could say my sense of humour has a very wide range!

I was thinking today about how wonderful it is to have God in our lives. How He brings out the best in us. How He is always there for us. How He has an awesome plan for each of us.

I found this song today which I loved by Matthem West.



This quote from it is my quote of the week, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!" Yes we can! With God in our lives, God at the the centre, God in control we can do everything according to His plan!

I suppose you're wondering where the title of my post comes from. Well actually it comes from this song:



It's such a brilliant song! It came to me the other day and these lyrics particularly stood out to me, "It's not time to make a change, just relax take it easy." Sometimes you feel God is trying to tell you something.

My previous blog posts were mainly about the topic of change because there are things I need to do that could lead to change. Although I feel now as I wrote above, it's not time to make a change, at least not this monrh, this month I am going to relax. And then the next 3 months I've got to get organised. My changes are to do with writing and travelling but I wont say more, I don't like to give things away too soon.

Thanks for reading my blog posts, I love that I can keep in touch with you and let you know what I'm up to! I love to write and writing this blog is such an awesome feeling!

I leave you with this, God loves you! If we put God at the centre everything else will fall in to place! And maybe you want to be somewhere but maybe where you are at the moment is where you're meant to be for now, you're at the right point in God's plan. Don't rush, just relax take it easy and enjoy the moments you have now. Matthew 6:34 says, “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

Be who you are, enjoy each moment and love the people around you!

Love you guys,
Nicola

No comments:

Post a Comment