Wednesday 12 October 2011

Step by step in a new direction

Dear friends and family!

It's been my day off today and I thought I'd end it by updating my blog!

I left you last on Saturday the 8th where we had departure day. It also occured to me that I'd injured myself in all 4 places, my right arm (burnt with a hair curler), my left hand (burnt with an iron), my left foot (sores from running) and my right ankle (sore from an old injury) haha and I did all that in about a week! But I am used to it, it is typically me afterall!

I usually have a "song of the day" on facebook which is a song I like that day. And this was my song for Saturday. I love music, I'm always listening to music! I'm a music finatic although I don't sing or play an instrument, I have an appreciation for good music.



On Sunday it was funny because I was standing in a whole dining room waitressing by myself and the other waiters were in the other dining room because the hotel was quiet. So I said the dining room is now called "Nicola's restuarant".

On Monday we were all working in two's at dinner so someone said to me we're like Noah ark - it was so funny! There were 2 Slovaks, 2 Polish and 2 Africans. I came up with a song for it, "The waiters went in two by two. Hurrah! Hurrah!" Actually in the story of Noah ark (which I'm sure most of you know) it's two of the same animal and one was a male and one a female. Haha but it was the hotel's version of Noah's ark :P!

On Tuesday this was my song of the day which I got off friends at the hotel and it came on the radio that morning. It's Spanish and I really want to visit Spain some day. I usually post English songs so this was something different. I should actually look up some Greek music, there are some awesome Greek songs :)!



Tuesday night, last night actually wow, I wasn't so far behind with my news update. Last I went for a walk up the cliff. It was so peaceful sitting on a bench at the top of the cliff and watching as the sun went down. It also got cold very quickly haha. Bought pizza and had a nice chilled evening.

Today I woke up at 11:30am haha - it was the first time I had slept in like that in ages! I think being busy the past few weeks and not sleeping much caught up with me. I went walking on the high street and in the afternoon I went running with a friend through the beautiful park here. I am running quite a lot now and getting back in to my running which feels great :)! Afterwards I ate a chololate pancake with a friend, ok I know food updates are not the most exciting news but it's funny, I run and then I eat something which defeats the purpose of running haha! However actually I am running to get fit more than anything else. My job is also physical so it keeps me in shape.

The rest of the day I have been lazy, actually it's really nice being lazy. I don't have many lazy days and on my day off today I wanted to relax. I watched movies and facebooked and had a good rest. Sometimes as active as your life is, you need to take a time out.

Tomorrow I am back to work and working a bit more this coming week and working on my off day.

I also wanted to say that if you want to skype with me, let me know and we'll chat :)! I haven't been the best with skyping recently so it'll be nice to catch up with people :)!

My post title comes from spending my time in Sidmouth now. I have lived here for over a year and I haven't even seen a lot of it and I'm really loving this area I live in. I am amazed every day by it's beauty. My first few months of the year involved a lot of travelling and running around everywhere. These next few months are about slowing down and saving up. Like I said before, I have to get down to business lol! I have a lot to do and I have to make time to do it all.

If you want to catch up with me or send me your news or skype, I'm always available. Lol my friends tease me and say I am always contactable anywhere!

So anytime you need me, I'll be there, I'm a techonology geek!

Love you all and I hope things are going really well for you!

And I found this song tonight which is my song for the day.



Wherever we are in our lives, remember we're God's children. God loves us and wants what is best for us. And He has got an awesome plan for us! Who are we? We are God's, we are loved by Him and we are special. In a whole world of people there is no one like you. You are not replaceable.

I watched Stardust tonight and I loved this funny quote, "Where are the babylon candles?" "You used the last 200 years ago, don't you recall?"
But it also made me think; "You have a light to shine so let's all go out there in this world be a light, God wants us to shine."

God bless you,
Nicola Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment