Thursday 10 November 2011

I got my answer :)!

Dear Friends and Family!

1 week since my last blog update! The weeks seem to be going fast these days which is a good thing, it's getting closer and closer to my favourite month of the year and an exciting adventure will also be happening in that month :).

On Saturday the 5th it was Guy Fawkes as you know which was Bonfire night here in the Uk too where a lot of people around the Uk lit Bonfires and some had fireworks. I was working that night and it was Christmas for us in the hotel, we have Christmas every Tuesday and Saturday until actual Christmas and yes I had to wear my santa hat for the guests.

This was one of my songs of the day last week:



On Sunday I went to Costa in my town.. It's a lovely coffee shop and I think it will be my new place to write and finish up some writing I've planned to do for ages.

This is another song that actually would be my theme for the week. I really like the lyrics from it. When I'm facing decisions, I like to see what God has got to say about them before I do anything. I may have things I want but more importantly I'd like to see what God wants for me. And well as far as what I should or shouldn't do, you've seen the title for this blog post.



In fact I've been doing so much thinking recently. I suppose because it's also getting to the end of the year and I've had so many flashbacks of this year and flashbacks even going back to SA and Zim days. So many memories.

Monday the 7th was departure day and I don't think I did much after the departure except sleep lol. On Tuesday was my half day so I work until 12:30pm then I am off until Thursday. I got baby powder all over me in the morning, a lot of people love putting baby powder all over their bathrooms.

On Wednesday morning I tried to sleep in but it didn't work and I was up fairly early doing all my washing - 3 loads of washing, I don't know how I had so much this time and I do it every week. As I said on twitter my energy level yesterday was not even at a level lol. However I managed to go out shopping and exploring different shops in my town. The funniest was a few months ago I found out this shop called "Jullian Graves" was actually a sweet/ food shop. I'd lived here for almost a year and always assumed it was something else condering most of the population in my town is 60+. Yesterday I went in it for my 1st time and bought way too many things and I've eaten them all already :O.

Probably yesterday's adventure guilted me in to running today! Well actually it was such a beautiful day today that I ran straight after my morning shift and I ran the whole way and pushed myself too. It felt really good. Climbing up the stairs to the kitchen later was slightly challenging though lol. I love running with music and because this song came on my ipod while I was running and it really made me miss home in Africa, it's my song of the day! I also thought of how my running journey started there! I used to run at 5am in the morning before school in Zimbabwe and I was always doing cross country in school. And in South Africa I used to run after work at about 5 or 6pm. And now I have a new memory of my running journey in my park in my town, which is stunning :)!



This evening I am working tonight, for now, I will be having my afternoon nap.

I have lots of things coming up in the next few weeks and months so lots to look forward to :D!

Love you guys,
Until I write again,
Nicola

No comments:

Post a Comment