Monday 5 September 2011

My holiday continued in Exeter!

Dear Friends and Family,

The last place I left you was on the 26th when I was taking a bus to my next destination. I was going to be out of Devon for 2 weeks but I hadn't seen some friends here in ages and I hadn't been to church in a while so I decided to go back earlier. I stayed with a friend in Exeter for the last week of my holiday from the 26th of August to the 2nd of September.

I arrived on Friday night (26th August) in Exeter, an hour and a half later than I was supposed to and it had been raining. The buses were very delayed due to accidents on the road and because it was a bank holiday. I even switched buses to a different company altogether to get me to Exeter because it was a little out of my bus driver's way but he was going to take me there anyway as I had missed the Exeter bus due to delays and he made a plan with another driver to get me there. I was very tired after about a 7-8 hour journey on buses around the Uk. I headed to my church as soon as I'd arrived and they'd just remodelled it which was great to see how it looked now and later I went to my friends house. I ordered my 1st online delivery in the Uk and I was so excited that I had ordered a takeaway online, yes I get excited about everything lol.

On Saturday I went out with friends to a Makro - I didn't even know there was one in the Uk. And we went shopping. And we emptied recycling bottles which was an experience lol, let's just say we washed our hands well after that.

Sunday it was church! I was so happy that I decided to come back and go to church, I'd missed it quite a lot It was a great service as always and it was so nice seeing everyone again. A lot of us went for lunch after. Later I went to a friends house and a few of us watched a movie which froze lol. It had been a good day and I was looking forward to my week in Exeter.

I spent part of the week relaxing, which was really good. I hadn't rested like that in ages because I'm very on the go most of the time. I caught up my online blogs while I was away. I still need to start my new blog, I've created it but I haven't posting anything yet, although I have lots of ideas for it! I love writing, it's my passion, it's totally my thing!

I love quotes and I found this one which I liked, it made me think of my mom and who she was; "Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love." ~ Stevie Wonder

On the 30th I had an explosion! It's a figure so speech! It just hit me that it was the week where I needed to start thinking about how I am going to get some things organised. I know exactly what I need to do it's just a case of getting it done. I'm sure you've probably noticed I'm not big on just revealing things because I could say a lot of things but only when it's something to reveal I will reveal it. Maybe that makes no sense but to me it does. We all have our dreams and plans for our lives. And we all have an awesome God who guides in the right direction towards His awesome plan for our lives. I can't say my life turned out how I expected because it didn't, a lot of the things I wanted didn't work out but with everything that has happened my life has actually turned out a whole lot better than I expected. Thank God for that.

As you go through life you find yourself not always going on the path you expected but the path you are going on is so incredible you have to pinch yourself because everything keeps getting better. That's what happened to me. I am so thankful for all the people in my life and my job and some opportunities I've had. It's not that I have the best life or the easiest but it's how you look at your life and what you make of it that counts. And I'm trying to make the most of mine :)!

I wrote a post on my writing blog called "Dreams" inspired by all the plans and things we want to do with our lives. Whatever you want to do even if you're not sure, it'll come to you all in good time.

On Wednesday the 31st of August I went for lunch with my friend and her family and I walked around Exeter a bit with friends. I had such a great day!

On Thurday I met up with a couple friends in Exeter for coffee and chatting. I love just sitting and chatting. It's so nice to just sit and talk about all sorts of things. I ended up going for dinner with a friend and the family she was aupairing for at a really good restuarant that I'd always wanted to go to. Oh yes and I spent a lot of Thursday morning building Manhattan. Yes I am not joking you read that right. I should probably also mention the fact that it was a computer game. I saw it a store and I couldn't resist. Most of the time if I'm wondering around shops of my choice, I'd go to all the gadget shops - computer stores, cellphone, games, anything of that sort! I love technology! I'm a techno-geek!

On Friday the 2nd, I met up with a friends and enjoyed going a pub in Exeter. I also walked around Exeter taking photos and marvelling at what a beautiful city it is. I go to Exeter often because I don't live that far away but I never really stopped to just look and Friday was my last day in Exeter so I thought I'd spend some time appreciating its beauty. I have an album on facebook for the pics I took. I intend to take many more whenever I visit and have time.

I took the bus back to the hotel in the evening. It had been a wonderful week of seeing friends in Exeter. And it had been a wonderful week before seeing friends up North in the Uk. All in all it was a fantastic holiday.

I also felt so happy when I arrived back at the hotel, I'd missed it too. It was a good feeling when I walked in to my room, good to be home and I had a good time away. And I had something planned for the next day which I got invited too and I'd never been before because I had Saturday off work and was only starting work on Sunday the 4th.

However it's almost midnight as I'm sitting here, and I will continue later on.

I shall love and leave you with this news for now,
Thanks for reading my blog,
Love
Nicola











No comments:

Post a Comment