Thursday 29 September 2011

Change is in the air!

Dear Friends and family!

I'll start off this blog post with this song because it's so fitting for the time coming. I remember years ago this song was played over and over by all of us at Sailing School in Zimbabwe. I used to go for a week of windsurfing on Lake Chivero and you'd learn how to sail! It was so much fun! When sailing school ended it was a good thing coming to an end and now other things are coming to an end but there will also be good things starting.



I'll start off with my news.

On Thursday the 22nd of September I was working till 10:30am then one of my friends from Exeter came to see me in Sidmouth and we had great time exploring and chatting. In the late afternoon I got the bright idea to try and rearrange my room. This is something my sister usually did. In Zimbabwe my sister would rearrange her room almost every week because she got bored of the way it looked. Well one of my best friends at the hotel helped me arrange my room in the style it is now. Then I wanted to move my bed to the other side of the room. I moved the dressing table by my bed so I could move my bed there but when I went to move my bed I didn't realise it was going to weight millions of kg's haha! I felt like my arms were going to fall off. After a very tyring experience of edging my bed little by little to move it to the opposite wall, I decided it looked better the way it was and ended up moving everything back again! That was a work out and half haha! Seriously my bed weighs a ton, if you want to build your muscles, forget weights and come move my bed around haha!

On Friday the 23rd of September in the evening there was a carnival in Sidmouth and I went on a ride with some of my friends at the hotel. It was awesome! I had also been on that same ride last year! Once a year they bring rides to Sidmouth and have this awesome fun carnival! I've already posted the pics on my blog if you look at the post before this one. The pics were from Saturday night because it was the last night of the carnival and it was open longer so after work a whole lot of us went there and had so much fun on bumper cars and a spinning ride and the other main ride which gives you good butterflies! The Carnival was from Wed-Sat. We all had such a great time and on Sat I went for a drink with friends after the carnival to a pub and I drank mango juice lol.

Oh yes and also on Saturday the 24th I had a good run in the park. I love running with music! And it's such a beautiful run through the park! I pushed myself quite a bit on my run and when I came back and had showered I felt very good.

On Sunday the 25th I was working the whole day!  I remember it being a really really busy day at work and that was probably why I was in a lot of back pain because I think I pushed myself a bit too hard. I had 3 busy shifts and I actually ended up running out the kitchen suddenly after my evening shift because I was in so much back pain and it suddenly was throbbing (well it was a back spasm I think). Although I got some good pain killers and since then my back has been fine so I think it was just because I had a busy day.

On Monday it was a good day and funny day! I like the people I work with, they can really make you laugh sometimes! I make a lot of people laugh all the time just by being me, I have a lot of "Nicola moments" haha and I'm really clumsy - I am just naturally the way I am.

On Tuesday went to Exeter and to a Moraccan restuarant with friends. 

On Wednesday I went to a ladies coffee and cupcakes at the Uni of Exeter because I am in a student group there although I don't go there and I'm not a student lol but it was really nice and the cupcakes were gooood! After cupcakes I met up with one of my friends from the hotel and we went shopping and I bought lots of things! Yes I actually bought stuff which is amazing for me because I don't buy things often!

Today I went swimming with a friend in an indoor heated pool straight after work. We have an indoor heated pool just down the road. Later I had to go on the high street for a bit to run a few errands and it was such a beautiful day I took myself out for a walk on the sea front! I like walking and thinking while I am walking sometimes too and I have a lot to think about at the moment! Everyone says it's going in to winter now and then we have two of the hottest days lol!

Now back to the topic of change! Next week 3 of my best friends are all leaving the Uk :(. All in one week! Actually a lot of my friends have left the Uk this year :(. No one is going to be left lol - what did I do to make them leave? haha! It is hard when people leave, never mind 3 in a row, but at the same time I am happy for them and we have such great technology these days and ways of keeping in touch.

And I found the same type of church that I used to go to in Zim here. It was funny it had been there all along and I had walked past it lots of times because I had to walk past it on the way to one of my friends houses but I didn't notice what kind of church it was and so I think I may start going back to my orthodox church :). I also have to sort out my writing, I have plans for it but I have been so busy I haven't got around to it. I also have some other things I need to sort out by the end of the year. The next few months I have got to get down to business haha!

So change is definitely in the air and some of it will be hard and some could lead to really great things! I am not really a fan of change but I know God is always here with me and I'm interested to see what these changes bring the next few months!

And that's why I have the song! Good things are coming to an end! There are also always good things each and every day if you take the time to appreciate them and there are good things starting! And while some things have to end it doesn't mean it's over it's just ended for now.

All these changes also made me think about my mom and grandma and the times we used to have together and advice they gave me. When changes are happening in my life they would have been the first people I would tell. They were the kindest most loving women I ever knew and they both set such a good example for me! And they both had great faith! And although they are no longer here, in the time they were here they really touched so many lives and did so much for people. I love that I have two ladies like that to look up to! And I carry them forever in my heart!

With that I love and leave you,
Keep in touch,
Love Nicola

1 comment:

  1. You're a really good writer Nicola! The ladies coffee and cupcakes sounds fun. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete