Thursday 22 September 2011

Continuing my life news in September

Dear Friends and Family,

I last left you with my news on the 8th of September, it has been a little while since my last post due to my busy lifestyle. Although being busy is great, I get bored when I have nothing to do which shows how I have changed over the years because before doing nothing or having a whole week doing nothing totally appealed to me.

I'll start with this song that I heard on the radio on the 8th and me being the music finatic that I am immediately found it on youtube and posted it on facebook. Here is a song to start my blog off ;) nothing like reading a blog with music :)! I do everything with music, I even used to study with music softly in the background.



On the 10th of September one of my friends at the hotel had his 30th Birthday Party and we had a party with all the staff in the staff room, it was lots of fun! Yes you don't even have to ask, there are always photos :) - gaget girl! Any gagets and internet are my thing from my camera to my blackberry to my ipod to my laptop! Some girls like shoes and clothes but me, I see a computer store or electronics store and I get excited haha! I have created a collage of some of the photos which I'll post up.

For the next few days it was back to waitressing. Then on the 12th I created my own website which I mentioned in my last blog post, it's just a free website where I will have my new writing blog. I have almost completed the 1st blog post for it too and I will post the link to my website with my first post once it's done. And my sister is designing the website for me as she's works in web so I'm sure as we work on it together it's going to be really cool! For now it's a basic website.

I was hardly on facebook since the 10th because I was busy and occupied doing all sorts then on the 13th I got online for a bit. Even now I don't find myself online as often, I've been walking and running and going out quite a bit with friends and the rest of the tine I have been working.

I went for a walk on the sea front at night after work with friends on the 13th and the moon was so lovely that night and reflecting off the sea. I took this picture but my camera on my blackberry isn't the best but it was breath taking to see.



On the 14th of September I went to Boundaries in dating at The River Church (my church) I go to in the evening. It was a talk on relationships and it was really interesting and parts of the talk were really funny too. I took some notes there and here are a few of my notes and bible verses from it to give you an idea.

The 5 love languages are: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time3. Acts of Service (that is offering to help out), Tangible gifts5, Appropriate Physical Touch. Everyone has different ways of showing their love from one another. Some people like to give gifts and others like to give hugs, others say encouraging things. There is a book called the 5 love languages by Gary Chapmam, I haven't read it yet but apparently it's really good.

Here are some of the bible verses from Boundaries in Dating:
Amos verse 3: Can two walk together unless they are agreed?
Proverbs 27 verse 6: Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy.
Proverbs 27 verse 9: Oil and perfume make the heart glad, and the sweetness of a friend comes from his earnest counsel.
Romans 8 verse 1: Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

A quote I loved from it is:
"Remember the most important decision you are going to make besides Jesus is who you are going to spend the rest of your life with."

Some other quotes:
Love gives at the expense of self, lust takes.

Your body is the temple of the holy spirit.

Sin pries in secrecy and darkness.

On the 15th it was my 1st day full day off in a while. I skyped with my aunt and a few friends. I hadn't been on skype in a while so I spent part of the day catching up with people. In the morning I walked on the high street around the shops and in Sidmouth we have people who sing on the street often and there was this lady singing so beautifully and it make me stop in my tracks to listen to her. I recorded it and posted it on facebook but I will put it on my youtube too so I can post it on my blog, it's just a short recording.

One of my friends at the hotel and I went for a walk up a cliff on the other side of Sidmouth. It's funny my friend knows more of Sidmouth than I do and she has been here a month and I've been here a year haha. I took pictures I will post a slideshow of the new areas of Sidmouth I have seen. Woah Sidmouth is so beautiful - it's just about the sea too there are forests and parks and flower gardens and all sorts.

On Friday the 16th it was another of my friends at the hotel's birthday and we went to a pub for drinks in the evening and later I went to Sidmouth's little nightclub with friends after. The next two days I was feeling very rough because I made the mistake of mixing drinks and I didn't have too much to drink but because I was mixing I really suffered from it, I even looked bad and I got some kind of red rash around my eyes I don't know where it came from. In fact I don't feel like drinking for a while, I hardly drink anyway, I used to have a drink here and there but now even the thought of it makes me feel sick. Although I still had a good weekend.

The next couple days or so at times I suddenly got very stressed and worried about things which hadn't happened to me in a while because I had been fine and actually all the emotions I was fealing inspired me to write my first blog post for my website which I will post once I have completed it properly.

On Monday I went for a lovely walk with friends in Sidmouth's park, I had never been there before but it's quite huge and extremely beautiful I have pictures on facebook and I'll post some here too.

On Tuesday I went for a run along the same path in the park I had walked with my friends. It was the most wonderful feeling to be running again and there were amazing views while I was running.

Yesterday, woop made it to yesterday! Yesterday I went to Exeter for a bit to help out with something and then came back to Sidmouth. And then I went with one of my friends from the hotel and one of my friends from Exeter and we watched Jane Eyre at the cinema it Exeter. It was awesome! What a great night all round, good company and good movie!

Today my friend from Exeter visited me and I gave her the tour of Sidmouth. Not a full tour because Sidmouth is bigger than I thought and there is more to see but we went and explored for a while and had a great time :) and yes there are photos which I will post later, I'll create a whole lot of collages!

And so my news has been updated for now! I have the night off work, I was actually working this morning but just the breakfast shift and tonight I've got to skype a few people and maybe watch a movie and just relax. I am also in the middle of doing my washing and I just realised I didn't check if it's finished so I better go rescue my washing! I am also sitting in my friends room because the internet my side of the hotel is down, we've had really bad internet recently.

I will leave you with my new church's video, because they created one for the new student church they are opening in Plymouth. It gives you an idea, it's more than "just church" we do a lot together. If you're ever in Exeter come to the River Church at 11am on Sundays, we would love to meet you!



Love you all, keep in touch,
Nicola

No comments:

Post a Comment