Monday 29 August 2011

My friends 21st birthday and a lovely holiday with my other family

Dear Friends and Family,

Yes it's that time again for another news update :)! I love keeping a blog because I love writing and I suppose one day if my memory fades I can go back and read my blogs and see everything lol. It's just nice to have memories.

On the 13th of August I was working my normal shift and getting excited because it was only 4 days to go until my holiday. On the 14th of August I watched the Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan, I have the dvd. It's one of my favourite childhood movies. I remember when I watched it as a kid and taped it I kept watching it over and over for weeks after that and I even brought my dvd with me from South Africa when I moved here. It's legend if you haven't seen it.

I absolutely love music and this is another amazing song I found by Carrie Underwood.



Did you know that in Tokyo they fill up the trains to the max and literally pack people like sardines in to a train, the conductors even push the people so the doors will close. I watched a program that talked about it and showed them pushing people. Here is a video on youtube that shows it. LOL I am glad this isn't practiced in the Uk.



I found this quote which I love:
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. ~ St. Augustine

I love travelling and there is so much to see in the world and experience. It really broadens your horizons when you travel and you get to meet different people and experience different cultures. There is so much to see and a whole world out there to explore. I have lived in 4 different countries and lived in so many different areas. I've also done quite a bit of travelling this year to South Africa, Zimbabwe, Northern Ireland, London, other parts of the Uk. And I have got so many travelling plans in the works. If you haven't traveled, it's so worth saving up for it. The things I love most about travelling is meeting new people or visiting friends and family in other countries and seeing the lovely sights there. Traveling to a new place is one of the most wonderful experiences you can have.

On the 16th of August it was officially one day until my travels and I finished the last of my packing! Yeah!

On the 17th in the morning I got ready and then took the bus to Exeter where I had a full breakfast, great having a full breakfast before a long journey and from there at about 11am I had a 7 and a half hour journey to my friends up North. The buses are really relaxed and chilled, I really prefer them to the trains so I wasn't worried about the journey. However we got stuck in major traffic and I had to catch another bus in Birmingham so I was a little worried I wouldn't make my second bus on time. Although I really enjoyed the journey and made a new friend and we chatted all the way and I even made my 2nd bus on time so it all worked out great. I got to my friends bus station on time and he came to pick me up with his friend. Then I went home and saw all his family for the 1st time in a year.

My sister also sent me a picture of her cat's kitten which is the cutest thing so here it is on my blog - it just has to go on my blog hehe! My sister said she would post him/her to me - I haven't got anything in the mail yet though.



Oh yes on my journey as well I also updated my facebook places and tagged myself at random places along the way that I wasn't even at. My favourite was the Bullring in Birmingham where I said I was being chased (by bulls), however I don't even know what the Bullring is maybe it's just a shopping centre haha. So yes the journey was fun lol.

The first night I was at Dan's - Dan , Josh and I were already taking photos and having lots of fun. There is a page on facebook that says "Sometimes I lie on the kitchen floor and pretend to be a crumb" so we took pictures of us lying on the floor pretending to be crumbs hahahaha. Because you know it's just something everybody does, I am sure everyone has been a crumb at some time in their life hmmm..... I should hope not lol!

On the 18th of August was Dan's 21st birthday. In the morning we all gave him our prezies and took pictures. I got him a mop. You know because I am a housekeeper and I know mops can be very useful. Haha actually I got him other things and a big 21st badge just in case anyone wonders how old he is. Dan, Josh and I went and watched Cowboys VS Aliens at the movies on his birthday.

He got a Wii (pronounced wee) for his birthday (the game) and so we all played on the Wii. His 21st status should have been "I'm playing with my Wii" haha!

We took lots of photos on his birthday which are already on facebook.

I found these bible verses about friendship on the 19th. I was thinking about how much I love all my friends and how each of them have something special about them that I like. I really love my friends.

These are the bibles verses I found and I found the perfect video dedicated to all my friends.
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. ~Proverbs 17:17.
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. ~Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. ~Proverbs 27:17





I took a break off facebook on the 20th because it was Dan's 21st birthday braai (barbeque) and I wanted to spend it with everyone. His friends and family came over for the braai. We took loads of photos. And he had 21 helium balloons from his mom and so we all sang songs and things with helium, it was hilarious! It was such a lovely braai and day! Here are a few pics from it.











On Sunday we had a nice chilled day at the house.

On Monday the 22nd of August I went Tenpin bowling with Dan and Josh :)! It was the first time I had been bowling in the Uk. It was loads of fun and I came 2nd. I was very good at bowling *cough* I was actually lucky they had things on the sides so the bowling ball couldn't go in the gutter because the gutter would have been the favoured place for my bowling ball haha. It was awesome we also played some of the arcade games too. I tried to win a smurf but couldn't lol. Dan played a game where you punch a punching bag to get a top score and on his first go he beat the top score lol!

Here are some pics.





In case you are wondering I didn't eat all this lol, we got a platter to share.



On the 23rd we had a relaxed day. I also started playing all sorts of facebook games, I actually spent most of the day playing facebook games. It was so fun being unproductive I hadn't had an unproductive day in a long time. I have all the facebook games but I hadn't played them in a while. Which reminds me I was supposed to collect my crops in farmville and get my food off the stove in cafe world - and it's now the 29th of August - so I will getting some withered crops and burnt food LOL.

On the 24th I went to Newcastle Under Lyme with Dan's mom Trish and his sister Leigh-Amy and her kids. Her little boy is only 6 months, he's the sweetist thing and I've nicknamed him ET because of his name (from the movie ET) lol. We did some shopping and they left me there to do some shopping and went home. Dan and Josh came later and Josh and I waited around while Dan had a 3 hour haircut. I thought girls haircuts took long haha!

On the 25th I finally watched Tangled which I had been wanting to watch for ages! It was an amazing movie. Here is a song from it.



Here is another song I found which I loved. Which reminded me of parents and how they must wish their kids stayed young.



On the 26th it was time for the next part of my holiday. Dan and Josh drove me to the bus station. I had had a lovely time with them all! It was so good to see everyone again!

There were major traffic because of accidents as I took the bus back and the bus driver even made a plan for me to get on another type of bus that was even nicer to get to my destination but I eventually did get to my destination one and a half hours later than I was supposed to arrive lol! It was about an 7 hour journey all together.

I will write more about where my journey continues later - for now I shall love and leave you with this news.

I hope you are all having a wonderful time, I have been having an incredible holiday with amazing people!

Love to you all,
Nix










No comments:

Post a Comment