Sunday 7 August 2011

News update now my laptop is back - End of July 2011 - the life of Nicola Hill

Dear Friends and Family!

It has been ages since my last blog update due to the fact that I spilt coffee on my computer and had to send it for repairs. I just got it back today which is awesome because I missed being online so much. I did borrow my friends German and Slovakian computers to use briefly while I didn't have one, which was interesting lol as the keyboards are a bit different. Now I'm back to update all my internet sites after about two weeks so I've got a lot to do ;).

On the 18th of July it was departure day (when most of the guests leave the hotel) so a busy day for us housekeepers. I also spent quite a bit of time with my friend who broke her ankle. And I cleaned my room, I know it's shocking. I remember when I was younger my sister used to go in my room and clean it because it would annoy her that I could live in such mess haha. Actually over the years I have become a lot better with cleaning my room, I even have my laundry day and all sorts now, see I am learning. My sister would be proud lol.

As usual I post bible verses I like on facebook.

The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks. ~ Luke 6:45

I laugh very easily and I love the different types of humour in life from different people and in tv shows (I get almost any humour because I have a very varied sense of humour). I was watching Gilmour Girls on the 19th of July and I got this quote from there that really made me laugh :D.
Lorelai: "I'll be your guide."
Rory: "What do you know about Harvard?" Lorelai:
"I know this... Look there is Harvard."

I started a new Wordpress blog on the on the 19th of July - nicolahill7.wordpress.com which is going to be my journalism blog. I am going to write stories from people and reviews and just everything I find interesting that I want to write about. I haven't posted anything on it yet due to having no laptop but I will be so stay tuned and if you'd like you can follow me if you're on there.

I was playing Cityville on facebook on the 21st of July. It had been a long time since I played it. I used to be addicted to facebook games but now a lot of the time I forget I have them but when I do go on they are fun. I think I may have hundreds of requests I need to get around to accepting lol. My city in Cityville is called Awesomeville - yip if you know me you know Awesome is my word :)!

I also post songs on my blog that I've previously posted on facebook. I totally love music! I usually have music in the background no matter what I am doing.

I found this amazing song to Psalm 62 - they sang Psalm 62 - how awesome is that :)!



On the 21st of July I watched the final Harry Potter movie and it was incredible! To think that the whole story and everything in the Harry Potter movies were all part of of a book and a whole idea 1 person came up with, such amazing creativity! So much went in to it! How wonderful to be able to create such a story. The movie was brilliant, a great end to a wonderful story and books that I have read since I was a young teenager. And my Godfather bought most of the books for me 1-6. I lost the 2nd one though somewhere but the others are still in South Africa. I love stories and reading and I love writing too. I have a story of my own that I've completed and with God's help hopefully one day it will be published, I've got to work on it and send it off :) which is one of the things I have to do now I have my computer back :D!

One of my best friends gave me this song as my song of the day on facebook. I usually post a song of the day on facebook because of my love for music and on that particular day that's the song I start off with and think about the whole day or it's a song that stood out to me during the day or just a great song I found.

This song reminds me of the tv show Dawson's Creek as it was the theme song.



On the 22nd of July I met up with some aupairs in Exeter and we had a wonderful day together. And I found out I can do places (saying where I am) on my blackberry so I was joking I was going to announce when I in the toilet and things - you know give the people the vital information.

On the 23rd of July it was DOOMS-DAY for me because that was the day I spilt coffee on my computer. Let me tell you how this unfortunate incident happened. I have a lap tray for my laptop and it has a coffee cup holder. And after I'd got my morning coffee, I took it to my room and put it in the coffee holder in my laptop tray, I them picked up the laptop tray to put it on my lap and the coffee titled and spilt all over my keyboard. You know that moment when your heart just sinks - this was one of those moments. I actually turned my laptop upside down and I was shaking coffee out of it lol. It was still working fine but after a few minutes the keys started to get stuck down and some stopped working but thank God I got insurance on my laptop so I just organised for it to be repaired.

On facebook I like status shuffle not because I can't think of a status because I alway have things to write but I like the funny quotes and jokes on there and I liked this one - "Says I'm that kind of person that could get run over...by a parked car!" - My sister replied saying it's true and if you know me, you'll know I'm the ultimate clumsy person or person who random things happen to, I'm always doing crazy things.

On the 24th of July I went out for Pizza with the Social Media team at my church, I'm part of the Social Media team at my church, I'd just joined a couple weeks before. It was a wonderful day and there was loads of pizza!
I found it funny later that the cursor on my map on my blackberry was showing me in the sea when I was sitting in the staff room at the hotel.

On the 25th of July they picked up my laptop to get fixed. I was told I'd get it back on the 4th of August.

A verse I liked.

The Lord shall protect you; the Lord is your shelter at your right hand. The sun shall not burn you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; The Lord shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in, from this time forth, and forevermore.

I felt very relaxed on the 26th, free and chilled (love days like that) and I was considering writing with a pen and paper the old fashioned way because my laptop was gone but I actually never got around to it because the weeks that followed were so busy and a pen and paper takes way longer.

On 27th of July I found out I'd have time off work end of August and so I could take a holiday in August which was an answer to my prayers :)! It's times like that when I am so thankful of God's goodness in your life.

Someone posted this on facebook which I really liked,
God doesn't have a BlackBerry or an iPhone, but He is my favourite contact. He doesn't have Facebook, but He is my best friend. He doesn't have Twitter, but I follow Him and He doesn't have internet, but I am connected to Him. Copy and paste this as your status if you think ♥ God is great

On the 28th of July I did some shopping and finally bought a brand new camera. It's a Sony 16.1 megapixels and it takes the most beautiful clear photos ever! If you want a camera I suggest you get this one! It's great! I'm very happy with it. Then I went to Starbucks and had some coffee and chill time before going to a friends birthday dinner later that evening. It was a lovely dinner with wonderful ladies. Here are a couple pictures.



Anya and I on her 20th Birthday :)))



I said this on the 28th because I was thinking about how good of a day it was and how awesomely God works in our lives, "God is a wonderful loving God who always watches over us and is with us through everything and He makes life sweeter and us sweeter." ~N.H.

The Sidmouth Folk Week Festival began on Friday the 29th of July and it was a week long until the 5th of August ( ended two days ago)! It was AMAZING! I had so much FUN! I loved everything about it and I loved the atmosphere in my town, it was the most wonderful atmosphere ever! It did also mean we had a super busy week at the hotel work wise but for one week it was fine. There was so much to do in Sidmouth every day and there were so many people there! I'd never seen so many people here before!

I will update about Folk week and the beginning of August later.

For now I shall love and leave you with this song, it just came on the radio now (I listen to the radio on the tv) and I absolutely LOVE it! It's sooooo beautiful! Me and my music lol!



Love you all, keep being the awesome people God created you to be and love having you in my life!

More news to come,
Love Nix

No comments:

Post a Comment