Thursday 14 April 2011

Spring has Sprung in the UK:)))!

Hi All :-)!

Today is actually my 22nd Birthday, however I will update more news later. For now I am updating most of what I have been up to since Spring has sprung :D!

It has been about 2 weeks since my last blog post. I have been back to full time work. As I mentioned before the hotel is getting busier and busier as we approach summer. In fact even the weather has been improved - Spring has officially sprung :)))!

Since last Wednesday I have been on the beach every day, with the exception of yesterday when it was raining and cloudy haha, even then I did attempt to go on the sea front but when my umbrella nearly got blown away I thought it was best if I gave it a miss :).

On Friday the 8th of April a couple of my friends and I went Kayaking on the sea :)! Our boss leant us his kayaks. It was my first time kayaking let alone on the sea. I have been canoeing before on a lake in Zimbabwe. It was absolutely amazing :))) we kayaked all along the coast of Sidmouth and saw some stunning views! We also got an awesome surprise!!!! There was a seal about 2 metres from our kayaks, what a fantastic sight! Not to mention kayaking is also a very good workout our arms were sore for days after haha but I love fitness and sport :)! We also kayaked to a particularly beautiful part and pulled our kayaks in to the beach and walked around the beach. My friends kayak capsized (they were sharing one and I was on the other) and they fell in and I was laughing at them and so later I promised them I would jump in the sea. So when we reached the main spot we were aiming for, I jumped off my kayak in to the water. Bare in mind this is English water, in a very cold country, I soon realised that very shortly haha. It was like jumping in to a bucket of ice water, I scrambled back on my kayak so fast but at least I can say I swam in the sea in Sidmouth even if it was for about a minute lol.

The next days that followed we had some amazing weather. I had icecreams on the beach with a friend and we just lay in the sun and other friends and I lay just soaking up the sunshine. The sun is a rare occurrence in England. On Sunday the 10th of April I had my first braai (or barbeque as the English call it) on the beach with some of my friends on the staff. It was awesome and I tried out some Polish food which was great. Here are some pictures from our braai (it's called a braai in Africa).









Oh yes and on the 6th of April I had my hair cut in a new style with a side parting. And then later that day my friend and I went on the beach. Here are some pictures:





I have lots of photos of Sidmouth in Springtime that I took the other day which I will make in to a collage and add on my blog. In the meantime I will leave you with my favourite picture of the flowers here in Sidmouth in Spring. I had an amazing walk the other day and saw a whole new area of Sidmouth, it was stunning! You will see in the collage. I also need to make a collage of my Belfast trip. All will be coming soon.



Thank you all for taking the time to read my blog and always remember that I love hearing your news too :-)! I am blessed to have such wonderful people in my life and I always love meeting and getting to know new people too.

And so I will add more later. In the meantime I am going to get back to my birthday :-)!

Love to you all, stay blessed xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment