Thursday 22 March 2012

Birthdays all around

Dear Friends and Family!

For one thing this blog post comes from me typing off my blackberry as I don't have internet at the moment but when you want to write, you want to write :)!

I guess a good place to start is with the title! Well 3 people I met some at work and on a bus had 3 birthdays one day after the other, each of them turning 80. After the 2nd one it really got me thinking how much of a story you must have to tell with 80 years. Even though I have only lived just over a quarter of that, I still have a lot I've done so with 80 years you must have some really good stories to tell. I like hearing people's stories about what they have done in their lives no matter their age. Every life is a story.

While still on the topic of birthdays, earlier this month was my step-brothers birthday, yesterday was a friends birthday, today is my dads birthday and tomorrow is my step-sisters birthday and next month is my birthday.

I think the greatist thing about someone's birthday is that it gives you a day to say Happy Birthday and think about them and how they special they are. I think everyone adds something to your life and however you met them or well you know them there's only one of them and I like to take time to appreciate people. I try to wish everyone I can happy birthday. Online has got a great way of keeping track of birthdays and wishing those people you know around the world and that's what is keeping me online these days because I want to wish everyone. You always have that special feeling when it's your birthday and you should because you're an irreplaceable part of the world!

It's been warmer here in the Uk as we go in to Spring, really nice walking and living by the sea. I find it very funny how excited they get about the sun here. I have just been enjoying my life here, my job and my friends. It's really hit me that I have been here for over 2 years now when I never intended to stay this long but in that time I have met some amazing people and made friends from all corners of the world and built a life for myself here so I guess this is where I am meant to be for now although later on who knows. I have been enjoying life and things are going really well at the moment. I haven't been online as much, especially on facebook, haha strange coming from me or writing news as much but I am happy and healthy and of course with my unique sense of humour haha ;)!

I do love keeping in touch with friends and family who are spread out far and wide across the earth. I am always up for a text, call, skype call, chat, email - you get the idea! Also always up for hanging out if you are not so spread out and closer to me on this earth lol! Even for those who may not know me as well, got to start somewhere right ;)!

Best way to reach me quickly I guess my mobile, bbm or email or twitter even lol because I get those updates on my mobile. I am not disappearing, I am a contactable person just giving you the details incase I may not sign in to facebook as much for those of you who contact me regularly there.

I thank God for my life here for every piece of it and every good piece of me is a piece He has put together! All glory to Him!

PS: Our internet came back just as I was finishing this so I do added a song woop! I absolutely love music, always have, always will!

I have been listening to this song a lot recently and saw it posted on facebook today and I love the lyrics!

Part of the lyrics "Come and take my hand I won't let you go, I'll be your friend I'll love you so deeply"



Love and God Bless,
Until I write again,
Nix

No comments:

Post a Comment