Tuesday 1 January 2019

My news for 2018

Hi everyone!

When I first came to the Uk in 2010 I started a blog, this blog - A Fresh Start. It was my first blog ever. My idea was to update people with my news. Later on I started another blog called  - Home Sweet Home which is my writing blog and I write things I feel inspired to write. Through both my blogs I get to do one of the things I love to do - write! 

I feel great when I'm writing something, it's the best feeling. Although I don't always find the time or inspiration to write something new. I only write when I feel inspired to, like now. This concludes my blog post. Thank you and goodnight. I didn't say I was the best writer, I just put words on a blog. This is my news for 2018 - I like writing! I must be the most interesting writer you have ever read. You must be longing for my next blog post now. 

Ok we all know I have more to write or maybe we don't all know in that case this will be like Christmas again for you if you like my writing. I decided to write this blog post because I wanted to do a highlight real of my news for 2018. Or if you want, I can do an in depth post about what I ate all year too.

In this life we get busy. I am really giving you new realisations for 2019! Life is busy wow - yes what a shocker! I bet you didn't know that. Anyway moving on, we are always busy doing stuff we don't always get to update people on what we've been up to. Basically I am sharing my news for anyone who wants to read it. You may already know my news or some of it but maybe I will adjust the story to make it more interesting. Just kidding, I wouldn't do that, my life is my life. 

It took me four paragraphs to get to my actual news. Once upon a time there was this girl called Nicola and... I won't really write my news like that. 2018 started and I was still living in my flat in Stafford. I moved into my flat in Stafford in July 2017. I still work in my job as a support worker for people with Autism and learning disabilities which I love. I've worked in care since September 2013 and I have had two different jobs in care. I currently work 14 hour shifts from 8am - 10pm.  

I enjoy living in Staffordshire and I like some of the countryside in the area. I am more of a country than a city girl. I started off 2018 going on quite a few walks around Cannock Chase - which is the local forest in my town. It's really beautiful and there is something about nature that makes you feel free. 

I spent a lot of time with friends in the area and talking to other friends and family in the Uk around the world and making some new friends. That's the best part of all my years - the time I spend connecting with people. I really appreciate the people in my life and all the new people that come into my life too. I am thankful for all of you whether I know you a lot or a little there is always an opportunity to get to know each other more and I wish all people I know the best in their lives. It's nice to see and hear about all the happy times that happen in peoples lives. If I missed wishing you a happy birthday or congratulations for something - happy birthday and congratulations! I try to keep up to date but I am not always the best at it. I am not online as much.  

In life we are going to have struggles. I didn't have the most have the most fantastic start to 2018, in fact I spent the first month or two of the year feeling a bit down until I pulled myself out of it. I stopped measuring my life by other things that hadn't happened or hadn't gone how I hoped and just simply focused on spending time with people and that had a great impact on my year for the better. We are too busy planning the next goal or expecting things to go how we plan that we forget all we already have and we have a lot if you think about it. I may not have always got everything I wanted but I have so much in my life already and I am just very thankful for the people in my life and those that come into my life. 

I am Orthodox and I have an Orthodox Church I go to about 30 minutes from me and I spent Orthodox Easter there (which can sometimes be a different date to the other Easter). I went to the midnight service on Easter. They have communion and you walk outside the church and everyone is holding candles and you sing this:

Christos Anesti in Greek

Χριστός ανέστη εκ νεκρών, θανάτω θάνατον πατήσας, και τοις εν τοις μνήμασι ζωήν χαρισάμενος.

The Transliteration

Christos Anesti ek nekron, thanato thanaton patisas, kai tis en tis mnimasi zoin harisamenos.

Christos Anesti in English

Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and to those in the tombs, granting life.

I copied what is written above to show you for those who don't know. I sang the Greek version in the Greek Orthodox Church when I lived in Zimbabwe, it was the church I grew up in and was baptised in. In the Orthodox church I go to in England, the service is in English so they sing the English version but they also sang it in other languages too after midnight.  

At Easter time as Orthodox we also say to each other "Christ is Risen (Christos Anesti - in Greek)" and the response is "He has risen indeed (Alithos Anesti - in Greek)." 

My Godfather visited me from Australia in June/ July and we spent time with family in the Uk and visited London together. 

In July I climbed Ben Nevis with friends - the Uk's highest peak. It took us about 7 hours to go climb up and down in total. 

My sister phoned me and told me that I am going to be an aunt in 2019 - my nephew will be born this year! I am very excited!

I got my British Citizenship on the 25th of October 2018 which was such a great moment. YAY! "British Nicola". One of the exams I had to do to get citizenship was to make a good cup of tea and I nearly failed because I almost put the milk in first but then I remembered water goes first and I passed. I didn't really have to do that by the way. I may have just opened a debate too on how to make a true cup up of tea ;)! 

I went on my first solo trip abroad to Tenerife in mid November. I planned to go somewhere when I got my citizenship to celebrate and I booked a trip last minute. I literally booked it about 3 days before I flew. I have never booked a holiday so fast but was so glad I did, I had a great time and met some interesting people and had interesting experiences. I rode a camel for my first time there and saw a volcano. It also gave me time to relax before moving house. 

At the end of November I moved out of my flat into a house that I'm renting with a friend and I am loving it here. 

I had a great December. I worked part of Christmas day but it was great and I had a nice quieter New Year which I really enjoyed.

I had a brilliant year and I had great times with special people.

There is so much more I could write about my year because there are so many special moments and so much I do in a year that I could write forever but I will update more news later on.

I hope you all had a great 2018 and even if you didn't, if you read my writing blog https://nicolathewriter.blogspot.com and read my posts on "Waiting" and "Reaping" your time of reaping will come! Remember though, things don't work unless you do!

As with every year and every day of my life I am really thankful to God for the life I have. He has helped me so much in my life and my life wouldn't be the same without Him. All the good things that happened in my life have all been possible because of Him and just simply spending time with God is amazing. He loves us so much. 

If you ever need someone to talk if you are going through things or if want to hang out or catch up or need anything, let me know. I am happy to talk to anyone. 

With that I shall love and leave you, until I write again,
Happy New Year 2019!
May you have many special moments with the people in your life!
Nicola Hill


















No comments:

Post a Comment