Monday 2 May 2011

May has arrived! A pinch and a punch for the 1st of the month!

Dear EVERYONE :)!

It's been about a week since my last blog post and the time has come for an update. I do try to update it weekly when I can :)!

So the question is, what did I get up to this week? Aside from my normal mischief not much actually haha. I am only joking. It's been a wonderful week, as most of my weeks are. There is something good that happens each day, even on my bad days there is still something good that happens in them. I like to celebrate each day and laugh and have fun each day because each day of your life is special, each day counts. My last blog post I ended on Tuesday the 26th of April which is a song that I dedicated to all my friends :-).

Now we move on to Wednesay the 27th of April. In the morning we had no water upstairs in the hotel so for housekeeping each of us had to carry a bucket of soapy water to wash our cups hehe and we couldn't flush the toilets so that was um, interesting haha... In the staff quarters we had water but when I showered after the morning shift, the water coming out the tap was brown so needless to say I skipped washing my hair that day. The water was fine by the evening though.

I found an amazing song by Casting Crowns called East to West and it's one of my new favourite songs at the moment and I would like to share it with you. I love music and lyrics and songs. I just feel alive when I listen to music and I love the words, some of the words are really beautiful.



In the afternoon on the 27th I went and sat in the sun on the beach, it was a really lovely day. I sat on the other side of the sea front below the cliffs that tend to have falling rocks and landslides. Actually as you enter this part, there is danger warning sign on the gate and it says beware because the cliffs are unstable and there has been falling rocks, you can see lots of places it's fallen. So there I was sitting in the unstable part risking my life, I am only exaggerating, it is dangerous but not too bad if you stay a bit away from the cliff. And yes I took a picture of the dangerous part.



On Thursday the 28th of April this is part of what happened to me that I wrote on my facebook and twitter. I have copied and pasted:

From my twitter @nicolahill7: knocked over coffee on a bed and had to change the sheets twice, then nearly had a heart attack from a barking dog in a room lol #notmyday, From my facebook: Then one of the toilet seats was broken then someone stole my hoover so I had to use another one. Hahaha but it's actually still been ok just so much happened! And one of my rooms always without a doubt the guests only stay one night so it's a departure every single day :P... Oh and it's a BIG departure day tomorrow :O woo lol...

It was a crazy day but good :) kind of funny when so much happens to you in one day and you can't believe it.

I watched the movie A Beautiful Mind on Thursday too and I love the quote from the movie so much that I have copied and pasted what I wrote on my facebook about it to have a record of it here.

From my facebook (28/04/11): Just watched a Beautiful Mind! Incredible movie! :) Quote from the movie what Nash says to his wife in his noble prize speech: "And I have made the most important discovery of my career, the most important discovery of my life. It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logical reasons can be found. I am only here tonight because of you. You are the reason I am. You are all my reasons... Thank you." ♥

On Friday the 29th of April as you know it was the biggest event in Britain - The Wedding of Prince William and the now Princess Kate. I was working in the morning during the wedding but I did catch some of it. All over England people had put up British flags on the buildings and all over England on that Friday people had street parties. There was even a street party in my town that I went to. Yes I do have pictures of the street party haha. I'm a picture-holic as I am sure those of you who have read my blog before know by now for those of you who didn't know that well it will be obvious as my blog continues.

Here is my friend and I posing in front of the cake they made at the street party. I had never seen so many people here, it was all quiet and then the street party started and there were tables all up the street and people everywhere. It was AWESOME!



And this is the cake that was made for the occasion in my town.



I did take more pics. I have loads more pics of things than I put on my facebook and I will try make collages of my pictures sometime for my blog.

Also on Friday friends of mine welcomed their little baby girl in to the world. I found it quite funny that their little girl was about a week late or more and then she decides to come in to the world on the biggest day for Britain! I think she planned it hehe :)!

So overall it was a fabulous day and on top of it, I was off from lunchtime Friday until Sunday because my days off had changed for this week.

On Saturday, yesterday, woo I am getting closer, I made it to yesterday in my news, anyway yesterday I had the whole day off work. In the afternoon I decided to go to movies in my town because I hadn't been to movies in ages. So in the afternoon I went to our local movie house and watched Hop and Rio. So I watched two movies back to back. Here is a picture of their posters. They are both soooo funny, I totally loved them, so good all in all!



I also made Easter biscuits on Saturday night lol. It was a biscuit making kit that was on sale in the shop because Easter was over so I bought it and designed some biscuits. And yes I took a picture.



Today Sunday on the 1st of May or the 2nd already as I started my blog at just before midnight and I hadn't checked the time at the point of writing this part. I took a picture of the most exciting thing today. Here it is.



I know what you are probably thinking. Did she put up the wrong picture? No actually I did intend to put up that one haha. I am joking about it being the most exciting thing that happened today but I was impressed with my new iron. See my new Iron (on the right in the picture) is bigger than a normal iron and it irons incredibly well. The reason I took this picture and no it's not because I have some strange fascination with irons lol it's because when I took it out the box today I was so impressed with how big it was, it was unexpected and then I put it next to the normal iron in the laundry room to show the size. I was very fortunate on Saturday I got an amazing discount on this iron because otherwise I would never have been able to afford it at this time. I actually went in to the shop to exchange the travel iron that I bought there that didn't work and I ended up finding this deal and getting the best iron. It's amazing how God works in your life. So I took a picture and put it on my facebook haha. And this is the caption that I wrote on the picture on facebook " My new iron I bought (on the right) next to the normal iron. HAHA it's so big it's like a SUPER iron! Let's hope it irons super well! :) Who said my facebook wasn't interesting, talking about irons lol :P." Then I wrote this underneath "Wow! I think I just had the best ironing experience of my life! And I would have never been able to afford the iron if it wasn't for the awesome discount! ... Good thing I am going to work in about 20 mins though before I decided to post any other random bits of information :P." One of my friends then commented and said this "Soon u ll be able to write a book : "How a Iron changed my whole life" :D" HAHAHA. It is my sense of humour by the way in case you are worried about me, I do have a very unique sense of humour, I love to laugh. I replied to my friend and said this "LOL :D!!!! Yes :))) that's a brilliant idea, it will be a best seller ;)! It can iron so well it even makes me look forward to ironing, which is really amazing for me haha." Then my sister commented and said this "Wow Nix, now that's the height of optimism :)" and then I said this " Hahaha oh yes sis :) and I will show you my iron when you come lol... the iron made my day. I am only joking, that's taking it a bit too far hahahaha :P."

So that concludes my Iron story haha. See I was telling it as a bedtime story to you all. I am only joking but the whole thing was just funny.

Speaking of bedtime though I actually better go to bed now, it's close to 1am already and I have to get up early in the morning for work.

I hope you enjoyed reading my news and stay tuned for more stories about the life of Nicola Hill.

I also always love hearing from you, I am big on connecting with people, meeting new people and keeping in touch with people I know. So don't be shy to contact me :)!

Love to you all and Goodnight xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment